Romac Metal Works is a leader in the custom metal machining and fabricating industry, located in Milton, ON.
Come work at a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to grow and learn alongside accomplished leaders. We are looking for candidates who are proactive, have solid problem solving skills and a desire to have their contributions make a difference.
Focused on customer satisfaction, Romac Metal Works is investing heavily in technology and the development of our people to drive innovation, growth and efficiency. Our dedicated and diverse workforce provides a welcoming company culture.
We have an immediate need for an experienced welder/fitter. The successful candidate will be a professional individual capable showing that they are capable of taking care of the equipment, the job, and the position, within a safety first, air conditioned environment.
As an experienced welder/fitter, in our custom fabrication shop, you will have the following experience:
· cut work pieces to size on the band saw
· manipulate large work pieces safely with the lift truck and overhead crane
· use the appropriate hand tools, as required to prepare pieces for the next operation
· fit and weld to achieve tight tolerances and weld finishes idenitified on drawing requirements
· work with different materials (most often HSS and 44W Plate) of various size and thickness
Starting at $25/hour, to be negotiated based on applicant skill.
Afternoon shift premium paid on first 44 hours. Overtime paid after 44 hours.
- Take care of the jobs assigned
- Move and prepare workpieces for welding
- Act in a professional and responsible manner
- Arrive on time, prepared and ready to work
- Work safely, minding those around you
- 5+ years experience as a welder
- Be a motivated, self starter
- Pride in work and attention to detail
- Ability to read engineering drawings and understand GD&T
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve issues with sound judgement
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- CWB certifications
Nice to have
- Red Seal Certification
- Familiarity with lift truck and overhead crane operation
- Experience with large weldments and holding tight tolerances
What's great about working here?
- Focused on customer satisfaction, we are investing heavily in technology and our people to drive innovation, growth and efficiency.
- Our dedicated and diverse workforce provides a welcoming company culture.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits with room to grow your career.
- Opportunities for cross training and development of leadership skills.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a company that embraces new ideas, processes and technologies.