Horizontal Boring Mill Machinists
WE’RE HIRING HORIZONTAL BORING MILL MACHINISTS to ensure our manufactured service always meets customer needs. Romac is an air-conditioned environment allowing for tight control of tolerance and comfort while working, year round.
Our Tos and Toshiba boring mills are current editions, using the latest Heidenhain and TOSNUC controls. We have invested in an extensive amount of resident tooling, located at each machine to assist in the machining of the wide variety of work piece types we manufacture.
Our long standing, in-house manufacturing capability correlates to greater career experience, greater opportunity for use of skill and development of skill, accountability and customer satisfaction.
We are seeking an individual with proven skills in:
- machine setup,
- program editing,
- tool selection,
- tool parameter setting,
- use of measuring instruments.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Recognized Certificate of Qualification as Machinist or equivalent work experience required
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 5 years related experience required in machining
- Operating knowledge of various machines (Boring Mill, CNC Boring Mill)
- Ability to utilize overhead crane to lift and maneuver large work pieces safely
- CNC programming and set up abilities, an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to resolve issues with sound judgment
- Knowledge of Mastercam is an asset
- Knowledge of GD&T an asset.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Good mathematical skills
- Good communication skills.
Independently load and operate overhead crane (up to 20 tons)
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Operate machines with travel up to 5m with rotary B-axis, Toshiba and Tos Varnsdorf boring mills
- Maintaining a tidy and safe work environment
- Minimum of 5 years of current boring mill experience
- Experience with CNC controls for program start/jump to position
- Ability to maintain tool cutting condition and tool parameter setting
Ability to work with offsets
- Program editing skills
- Team player with english proficiency and good communication skills
Nice to have
CNC programming and set up skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Experience with lean manufacturing
- Leadership skills
- Knowledge of MasterCam an asset
- Experience with GD&T
What's great about working here?
- We are a growing business, focused on continuous improvement and a dedication to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture.
- Competitive compensation with room to grow.
- Opportunities for cross training and developing leadership skills.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a company that embraces new ideas, processes and technologies.