Tool Room Machinist
Romac Metal Works is a leader in the custom metal machining and fabricating industry.
We are looking for candidates who are proactive, have solid problem solving skills and a desire to have their contributions make a difference. We currently have a full time position available for a tool room machinist capable of using both conventional and CNC machines.
Focused on customer satisfaction, we are investing heavily in technology and the development of our people to drive innovation, growth and efficiency. Our dedicated and diverse workforce provides a welcoming company culture. The successful candidate will be a professional individual capable of taking care of the machine, the job, and the position, within a safety first, air conditioned environment.
Our in-house design and manufacturing capabilities provide greater career experiences and opportunity for continued skill development.
We are seeking an individual with proven skills in:
- machine setup,
- program editing,
- tool selection,
- tool parameter setting, and
- use of measuring instruments.
To be negotiated based on applicant's skill.
Afternoon shift premium is applied to first 44 hours, with overtime pay after 44 hours.
- Take care of the custom jobs, as assigned
- Take care of the machines and tools, implementing good housekeeping practices
- Adhere to the company safety policy and use of appropriate PPE
- Vertical CNC machining experience and knowledge of program editing and set up
- Knowledge of GD&T and blueprint reading
- Conventional machining experience (milling, lathe, grinder)
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in machining, ideally custom work
- Strong problem solving ability and sound mathematical skill
- Desire to learn and good interpersonal skills
Nice to have
- Fagor Controller experience
- Overhead Crane experience
- General Machinist journeyman
What's great about working here?
- We are a growing business, focused on continuous improvement and a dedication to quality and customer satisfaction.
- Great team of smart people, in a friendly and open culture.
- Competitive compensation with room to grow.
- Opportunities for cross training and developing leadership skills.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a company that embraces new ideas, processes and technologies.